Why do we write? I struggled so much during the re-write that I almost threw it all away and gave up this “I want to write fiction” thing.
Why I didn’t:
- I hate dropping stuff before giving it a proper go – that’s why I went to drama school
- I’m learning a lot
- I know that what I’m doing is hard, so if I get through it, or almost there, it will be amazing
- I’m paying for the process!
- I still don’t know why we write / create art
2. Really glad I put the work in, because apparently, the writing has improved. Now the problem is the story, but that’s ok, because that’s fun. Now I’ve gone back to previous writing and seen how much MORE rewriting I need to do…
Still hard, I need to find the truth! Which means spending more time developing the relationship between Paula…
View original post 90 more words